Hi! I’m Chautona Havig. (for those who care, that’s Shuh-TONE-uh HAVE-ig). Yeah. Just work with me here. I should have used a pseudonym, but when you grow up with a name like Chautona, it kind of sticks.
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. ~ Hebrews 10: 23–25
Those aren’t just words on a page for me–they’re why I write. I write to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ. The stories I create are to make people laugh, cry, question, consider.
They’re for you.
When the world screams for hope, I try to point you to the true Source of hope–Jesus.
Sometimes life in the church no longer seems a refuge from the pain of a self-serving world around us, but through my stories, I try to point you to the only Refuge that can truly help–the Father’s Everlasting Arms.
And sometimes we just need an escape from the monotony, the emptines we see around us. We need joy, laughter–what I like to call “just the write escape.”
Christian fiction without apology or pretense–lived, not preached.
What does that even mean?
It means I care–about you. About your walk with Jesus. I care about the words you put before your eyes, the mental pictures those words conjure. It’s difficult to express just how much I love my brothers and sisters in Christ. It’s difficult to share just how much I love you.
But I do.
And I write for you. I sit in my little house in California’s Mojave Desert and I write to show you why one sister believes one thing, why a brother believes another. I write to show you how some Christians handle trials or triumphs–for you. So when you’re faced with something–good or bad, it doesn’t matter–maybe it’ll spark a memory. Maybe that memory will smolder until you pull out your Bible and see what the Lord said about it–about His great love for you. For YOU!
And maybe, just maybe, you’ll share that love with another hurting, confused, or blessed-with-more-than-she-knows-what-to-do-with soul.
I just happen to think that’s the most blessed giving anyone could hope to receive.
- The Blog (News on releases, giveaways, and musings on reading and writing but no ‘rithmetic– unless you count the progress bar on my latest work or word count discussions).
- Book Blog Archives: (Want to learn more about a specific book or series? There might be an entire archive of posts right here!)
- The Characters (Since many of my characters appear in other books, here’s a handy but ever-incomplete short-list of where you’ll find them.)
- Suggested Reading Orders (Many of my books intertwine, so I have created two separate suggested reading orders. One for a strict timeline and one for keeping series intact–again, often in need of updating.)
- Coming Soon! What’s in the works? Well, here’s where you find out! When books get close to publication, they’re moved to their own page, so if one you saw is gone, check the Bookshelf to see if it’s been moved or removed from the publication cue.
- Like Free Books? Check out my (usually) weekly serial novel giveaways and sign up for my Newsletter for semi-weekly updates of what’s free, what’s discounted, and what’s coming up!
- Love Audio Books for those long car rides or while you work on projects? Here they are!
- Of course, The Bookshelf shows all works in print or soon to be in print.
- And finally, I love to get email. Drop me a line anytime. I usually respond quickly. Key word there: usually. 😉
Disclosure: Links on this website may be affiliate links and as such, I may receive a small commission from the retailer.